VMware See you again!

Today marks my last working day in this great company, VMware. Starting as a sales engineer coming from a delivery background in 27 Dec 2011 to managing a country team of 15 solution architects was a magnificent milestone.


A good 12 years, 7 months, 28 days race.


There are so many people to thank, and words alone can't fully express my appreciation. I am deeply grateful to everyone I've crossed paths with, both within and outside the company. You've all played a part in shaping who I am today, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Some may see me as a representative of VMware in Singapore, perhaps due to my long tenure or my visibility within the community. While that's a bit of a joke, the truth is, technology has been the driving force that kept me passionate during my time at VMware. Without it, I might have lost that spark long ago.

What truly made my journey memorable were the incredible people I met along the way—from sales to engineering, partners to customers. They gave me a sense of accomplishment, especially when I saw projects successfully deployed, making a real impact on businesses. Witnessing the joy of a successful go-live is one of the most rewarding experiences I've had.

As I say my goodbyes, I do so with an open heart, knowing that our paths may cross again, perhaps in different roles or capacities.

Lastly, I want to extend my thanks to everyone who has followed my blog. I'll continue writing about tech, wherever the journey takes me. I am open to career opportunities in Singapore. Do ping me up https://www.linkedin.com/in/weekiongtan/ and we can connect.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware Certifications Updates

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward