Next Change, Moving Forward

I started this blog when I was doing technical implementation and design back in IBM days. The term always use is Post Sales engineer/consultant. It was held up and I never get to start anything until I left and joined BT Frontline which is the now British Telecom.

I started this blog in Apr 2011 with one main purpose, paying forward for what I have benefited from the community. I remembered clearly, during my early years when I was building a VMware View in my home lab, someone from LinkedIn VCP group was so willingly helping over message and a call from oversea to help me troubleshoot and guide me to configure a vyatta virtual router. Since then, I decided to share what I have learned if not I would not have gain as much as I have.

That very year, I got an opportunity at VMware and join the company as a System Engineer which industry term it as Presales engineer. It was my dream company and I never looked back since. I carry on to share what I learned without any plan in my career. Just doing what I was good at. From Commercial customers to Government customers over my good 9 years.

I was active in the community back then started as VCP Club in Singapore to what is today VMUG. From attending events in VMUG Singapore to running it as a VMware technical liaison, doing content development for VMware various exams such as VCP, VCAP and badge exam, and getting to be a certified VMware Instructor for a taste in teaching a few classes. Got accepted into VMware CTOA Ambassador program and learning how to do well as a individual contributor has gain me much rewarding knowledge and getting to work with many peers around the world.

Early this year, I was offered as a SE manager to manage the public sector team. It was never something that have crossed my mind. After consideration I decided to take up the role.

It has been a good 10 years as an SE with all blog writing, youTube video publishing and community discussion. 

You might ask what makes me decide on this choice? I look back and see what I have accomplished over the years. I have ventured to places as a SE many would not have gone before. Having journey through all this, I believe that experience can definitely be experienced by anyone who is keen. If I am able to proliferate what I do with a team, it will extend much more than myself. Helping the community and as well benefiting my customers.

Hopefully with my 9 years of experience, I can shape and nurture the .Next ready architects in my team. The results is no longer my own but the outcome of the team I managed.

It is definitely something new to me but I am game for the challenge.

My blog will still be updated but perhaps I can add more interesting management related experience that I have gained along the way for those who are keen to explore and decide yourself if it is the path for you.


Let the challenge fun begins!


I was asked to read an article, for those who are pursuing a SE leadership role, this blog article does help shine some light.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!