VMware Certified Instructor Experience

VMware Certified Instructor

Over the course of last week, I conducted my first co-teaching for vSphere 7.0: Install, Configure and Manage course as a VMware instructor. This is a requirement for me to complete the VMware Certified Instructor.

This is one of the five days course that I was made to teach. The course was also new as vSphere 7.0 curriculum was release not long ago after the product GA.

I took a week to go through all the modules and getting familiar with the labs. There are a lot to prepare. Since I am new to teaching, I am preparing the unexpected.

I was fortunate to have a class of 9 students. I mean real customers in the class. Though I have many years of experience, there are nitty gritty stuff which I have forgotten and didn't take much into consideration during my course of work.

The modules deck is all very new and I must go read up most of it since some didn't surface many details during vSphere 7 launch but are covered much more in the course.

Simple things like how vSphere HA works have also slip by mind for a while since we have been trusting the technology but never doubt it or really find out how it really works in details.

At times, I did give some wrong answer, and quickly rectify that in the class during the break to confirm. Instead, of giving an answer immediately, I started to request to answer them later to confirm my understanding is correct.

I must familiarize with the labs that the students are taking so when question arise, I was able to identity quickly what they have done wrongly. On top of that, I need to know how to resolve some issued cause by the lab setup. At the same time, understand what the lab is trying to achieve and explain for students who are not clear.

Learning to be a certified instructor  and to be a VMware Certified Instructor must be taken with extra care. Every word that I spoke to be certain if not check back before providing details.

While I still have much to learn, I guess I would be teaching more courses to come to meet the yearly 30 days requirement.

If you are interested been a VMware Certified Instructor, do check out the requirements here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!