VMware Certification Upgrade or Renew

I haven't been actively looking at VMware certification upgrade or into exam writing over more than a year. My certification has been at least 2 version back last was due to developing the initial vSphere 7.0 back in 2021. VMware has since remove the so call "expiration" of certification.

Since due to Broadcom acquisition, was looking at my own certification making sure it is updated and all was dated 2021 version. Which means I would need to pass one exam which is current as documented here.

If your exam is just a year before, the requirement is just to attend a recommended course instead of an exam. So if you have not updated to the current year and is just one year before, a course would make the most sense.

In my case, I would not have to take an exam if I have attend a course last year and to renew this year, would be another course.

The good news is, if you own both VCP or VCAP of the same track and year, you only need to take the higher (in my case, VCAP) and do not have to retake your VCP as long you are still eligible for renewal as in not more than 3 versions.

So do watch out and take note since we have about 3 more months to end the year.

Good Luck!


Update 12th Oct 2023

Upon passing my VCAP-DCV Design 2023 from 2021, I got my VCIX update to 2023. So I do not have to prepare for my VCAP-Deploy 2023 after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!