VMware Thinapp Support for Windows 10

Recently I was tasked to do a demo on Thinapp.  I have a Windows XP SP3 32bit running with Thinapp version 4.x.

I did some thinapp on Internet Explore 7, 8 and 9.  Everything was working fine.

Next I spin off a Windows 10 64bit VM and try to run these Internet Explorer thinapp'ed and I got the error below:


Did a Google search and came across information that Windows 10 can only support Internet Explorer 8 and above which I find that weird since Thinapp should be able to support to run as it's a packaged container.

Eventually, I chanced upon Thinapp release notes to discover it only support Windows 10 in version 5.2.0 and 5.2.2 recently support Windows 10 Anniversary Update.  How silly of me not checking out my Thinapp version.

Upon updating my Thinapp on my Windows XP VM and using relink to update my Thinapp Package in the bin, it is now able to run in Windows 10.  Yes, I do not have to run through the prescan and post scan all over with relink.  Check out this KB to see how to relink help in updating your thinapp'ed binary package.

Also for Internet Explorer 8 and above, you might want to check out this KB to include two DLLs into the package when compiling in case it doesn't run on Windows 10.

Now I can run all multiple versions of Internet Explorer from 6 to 8 all in Windows 10.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!

VMware vCenter Server High Availability (VCHA)