VMware 2016 SDDC Pricing and Packaging Changes
The most changes and introduction of some new bundling was last year where vRealize Suite was introduced with vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) and upgrade with vRealize Operation LogInsight (vROI) add on.
This year there are some streamlining of the bundle and pricing changes. I will leave the price aside as this can be found easily or from your partners. I will go through the changes starting from vSphere to vSOM to vROI to vCloud Suite and vRealize Suite. Also new packaging for Virtual SAN (VSAN).
All changes is starting from 1st March 2016.
- Bundle with vRealize Log Insight for logging to 25 devices (vCenter server and/or hosts logs only)
- End of Availability for vSphere Enterprise edition.
- All editions namely; Essential Plus, Standard and Enterprise Plus.
vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM) 6.2
- With the EOA of vSphere Enterprise Edition, this leads to EOA vSOM Enterprise edition.
- EOA of vSOM Standard Leaving only vSOM Enterprise Plus.
- For vSphere Standard edition customer, they can still purchase vSphere Standard and vRealize Operations Standard (vR Ops) by per CPU licensing only available for customer with existing vSOM Standard customers with valid Support and Subscription.
- You can now purchase vRealize Operations (vR Ops) Application Monitoring in vR Ops Standard/Advanced.
- EOA of vROI.
vCloud Suite 7.0
- Is not comprises of vSphere Enterprise Plus with vRealize Standard/Advanced/Enterprise Suite to make out the editions.
- vRealize Suite in vCloud Suite allows use of Portable License Units (PLU).
- vCloud Suite comes with three editions; Standard, Advanced and Enterprise.
- vRealize Automation Standard (vRA) is removed from vCloud Suite Standard.
- vRealize Configuration Manager is removed in all vCloud Suite and sold separately.
- Site Recovery Manager is removed from vCloud Suite Enterprise and sold separately.
vRealize Suite 7.0
- No vRealize Standard in vRealize Suite Standard.
- vRealize Log Insight (vR LI) is now included in all vRealize Suite Edition.
- Allow conversion of one CPU license of vRealize Suite to Portable License Units (PLU) to 15 OSIs for use in a Hybrid Cloud environment e.g. third party hypervisor or public cloud.
- Comes in Standard/Advanced/Enterprise
- The hybrid model is now know as VSAN Standard.
- All-Flash now comes in Advanced with deduplication feature.
- Erasure-code is only available in Advanced and above editions.
- Stretched Cluster and IO control is only available in Enterprise edition.