Thinapp: Microsoft Office 2010
- Quick-start guide for deploying Office 2010 using ThinApp 4.6.1
- Issues with ThinApp and Microsoft Office 2010
- Office 2010 Tips 2010
- One clean Windows XP SP3 (Thinapp does not support capture in a 64bits OS)
- Thinapp 4.6.1 and above
- Microsoft 2010 32bits setup files (MAK/KMS/Retail license)
- dotNet Framework 3.5 (full download here)
- Run Thinapp prescan capture of the OS
- Install dotNet Framework 3.5
- In Command Prompt, run "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe executequeueditems"
- Edit Office 2010 installation Config.xml file to enter your MAK key:
By default, the Config.xml file is stored in the core product folders in the Microsoft Office 2010 ISO(core_product_folder_name.WW folder, for example, ProPlus.WW) add the line within within Configuration Product="ProPlus"
For MAK licensing & KMS refer to the setting http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1022287
- Start the Microsoft Office 2010 setup wizard and apply the settings in
Config.xml, at a command prompt, type the following command, and then
- Accept the License Agreement
- Click Customize
- Select Microsoft Office > Run all from My Computer
- Click on the applications and choose Do Not Install for those you do not need to reduce the size
- Click Install
- Open up any program, I recommend Word. Choose Do not accept recommendation when prompt to disable auto update.
- Go to Services.msc, stop Office Software Protection service
- For MAK: Check that the activation can be done without changing Product Key.
- Do any customization required
- Run Post Scan
- Click Next and stop before Building the Project
- In the project directory, move the folder OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform from %Drive_C%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft to %Common AppData%\Microsoft\
- Add the following to the bottom of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.txt in the project directory:
- add these entries to the bottom of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt in the project directory:isolation_full HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search\Preferences
- For MAK license activation without administrator rights:
- added to the bottom of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt in the project directory:isolation_full HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Delete these folders from the project to save space
- %Internet Cache%
Add this before [isolation]
Add OptimizedFor=Memory (to enable faster loading of application)
Or OptimizedFor=Disk (saving for space by compressing the .dat file as expansion required before loading application)
Note: Refer to my previous post on this.
A post I found by Jason Coleman, that give recommendation on setting Outlook for View usage especially on floating pool worth a read.