Let us take look why run the vCenter as physical machine.
- Do not feel comfortable running management server as a virtual machine, prefer all management server as a physical machine
- Uncomfortable to run the vCenter as part of the virtual infrastructure
- Easy to locate the vCenter physical server when required
Why run the vCenter as a virtual machine?
- Able to enjoy protection from VMware Hight Availability
- Able to have DRS perform on vCenter (consider DRS exception or DRS infinity on vCenter)
- Less hardware maintenance and better utilize hardware
- For higher availability, run vCenter Heartbeat however two set of vCenters is required.
So what are the limitat…